From: Jeff Neil
New York City Career Counselor & Career Coach
If you're like other professionals I help every day...
* You want to know what careers are out there that are a good fit your skills, interests and personality
* You need help of an expert to discover the right career option for you.
* You want a practical action plan to make your career change
I invite you to keep reading because I am going to share some key advice that you can use to start moving forward today...
..... so you can have a career and job that you look forward to going to each morning (wouldn't that be nice!)
Before I get into that in a moment, let me tell you how I know these strategies can work for you.
As a certified career coach, I have used these strategies to help more than 3,000 people discover the right career direction for them....
And I have supported their career transitions to new positions.
Here are the strategies I use to help my clients get clear on the right career direction for them and make their career change.
Five Key Principles & Strategies to
Identify & Land Your Ideal Job
Strategy 1: Be Genuinely Inspired
Many people "push" themselves to succeed at work.
Pushing works well for some people... usually for some period of time.
But when we run into a big obstacle at work - or a series of small ones - it usually takes a lot of pushing to get past them.
That can be exhausting... especially if you are not in the right career for you.
That's why pushing ourselves at a job is typically a recipe for frustration.
Wouldn't it be easier... and better... if we felt pulled forward effortlessly to our success?
There are many natural pulls in your life - things that genuinely inspire you, increase your energy, and empower you to be your best.
Choose a career that aligns with these natural pulls in your life... like your personal interests... and you'll create a "vacuum effect" that pulls you forward effortlessly.
You'll have more energy at work and home. You'll be more creative. You'll feel fulfilled. And you'll be more successful.
Strategy 2: Put Your Personal Strengths and Innate Talents to Work
As a career coach and career counselor based in New York City, I've watched many talented people fall into the trap of worrying about their 'weaknesses' and lack of 'required' experience.
This is a form of damage control that can prevent failure.
But placing too much focus on our weaknesses increases self-doubt, saps our energy and kills self-confidence.
While you don't want to ignore your weaknesses, during your search for the right career for you, focus your attention on what will net you the best return...
Identify your best skills, natural abilities, and personal strengths... and identify career opportunities that use them frequently.
The benefits of using this strategy are substantial. You will...
- Experience a dramatic increase in your self-confidence
- Conduct your job search smarter and more effectively
- Do your best easily and consistently during job interviews
Strategy 3: Eliminate What Stops You From Transitioning To A Great Career
It's possible there will be obstacles on the road to transitioning to your ideal career... especially during a recession like this one.
Some of the obstacles you'll face might be external - such as a changing job market and economy.
Another common (but easily solved) obstacle is you just don't know the good career options that are out there for you.
But for many people, the biggest obstacle to identifying the right career and making a transition is internal, like self-doubt, lack of confidence and fear.
Some people try to ignore, deny or avoid the internal obstacles that are on their path to career success. That approach just doesn't work.
Sooner or later these obstacles show up and we get frustrated or stuck... and we give up.
To identify the right career for you and make your transition...
Recognize what holds you back... and develop effective strategies to get past them.
But here's an important tip....
As a career coach and career counselor, I've watched many people develop strategies that deal with the wrong obstacle... they deal with the "apparent" obstacle instead of the real obstacle.
Here's a simple example: If a house plant has brown spots on its leaves, we know to focus our solution on the real, underlying problem... such as giving the plant more water or sunlight.
Yet when it comes to dealing with the challenges on our path to getting our ideal job, people typically focus on solving just the "apparent" obstacle (which is like giving water or nutrition to just the dying plant leaf)... so they get stuck.
Make sure you have insight into the real, underlying cause of obstacles to your career transition... so you can develop effective strategies to identify and land your ideal career.
Strategy 4: Have A Great Resume & A Smart Plan of Action To Make Your Career Change
Without the right resume and job search action plan... many people making career transitions drift like a rudderless ship... and never reach their desired destination.
A great resume shows potential employers that you can handle the new career you want... even though you've never had that position before.
And a smart "Job Search Action Plan" guides you step-by-step to get from where you are to land your new career... faster and easier.
While many people think the lack of "required" skills, industry experience or education stops them from changing to a new career... it's often not true.
As a coach and counselor who has helped a lot people change careers, I know...
most people fail to land the new job they really want because they simply have ineffective resumes and don't use the right job search strategies.
The Fifth Surefire Strategy to
Discover Your Ideal Job & Get It Now
Another thing I've learned as a career coach is that...
If all it took to identify the right career and make a career transition is a few career assessments and career books...
Then nearly everyone would know and have their ideal job already.
As a career coach and counselor who has supported the career changes of thousands of professionals, managers and people - at every stage of their career - I know it's vital to...
Strategy 5: Have a Qualified Ally to Assist, Guide and Support Your Job Change & Search.
To find the right career for you and make your transition, have and use a qualified partner with this expertise and abilities... someone who can:
- Help you evaluate your skills, innate strengths and interests
- Point out great career options you don't know about or may be overlooking
- GIve you the unbiased insight you need... so you can confidently choose the right new career for you.
- Help you create a persuasive resume to present you, your skills and your experience in a way that makes you stand out
- Prepare a smart plan of action to help you get interviews
- Help you create all of the tools... linkedin profile, cover letters, and networking letters you need to support your success
- Create a credible explanation about any 'gaps' you have.. so you beat out better qualified candidates
- Learn little known interview strategies.. and get more job offers for more money
- Keep you focused, confident and moving forward steadily so you make your career transition faster
If you can imagine how this expertise could help you discover and have the right career for you... and you don't have an unbiased career expert in your inner circle who can help you with this....
Here's one way you can have an expert ally on your side right now...
A Career Discover & Change
Coaching System Like No Other
I've spent nine years taking every aspect of what has worked for my 3,000 clients and I've created a practical career coaching program...
... that gives you the expert assistance and guidance you need to discover and get your ideal job.
I call it: New Career Breakthrough - The Cure for Career Confusion sm
The cornerstone of my coaching program is one-to-one career coaching sessions that you'll have with me personally.
Each career coaching session is custom designed to give you exactly what you need to identify the right career for you and make your transition.
(If you'd like to set up a free consultation to discuss your career situation and how I can help you find the right career for you , please click here).
See for Yourself How My
New Career Breakthrough
Coaching Program Will Help You
Here are some of the benefits you'll gain from our career coaching sessions together:
• Identify your skills and experiences that can be transferred to different careers... so you don't have to start your career over or take a pay cut
• Discover the career that best match your skills, interests and personality... including careers you never considered or know existed
• Get the expert insight you need... so you can confidently choose the right new career for you
• Learn the best job search strategies to land a job in a new field... even when you do not have the required experience or education
• Create a powerful and effective resume that gets you interviews
• Understand how to find companies you could work for
• Manage your self-critic and any self-limiting doubts
• Have the essential tools you need, including Linkedin profile, Cover Letters, Networking Letters and Thank You letters
• Focus your time and energy on what nets you the best results
• Be motivated, stay focused and get your ideal job faster
How You and I Can Work Together To
Support Your Career Success
All career coaching services are provided by me personally.
Each of your one-to-one career coaching sessions takes place in-person in my private office near Union Square or by telephone... whichever your prefer.
Sessions are 55 minutes and begin with a quick review of what you want to achieve during that session... so that every minute we're together counts.
Then I will begin coaching and assisting you, step-by-step, to help you get the exact results you want.
Before your session ends, we'll create a clear picture of the steps you want to take before your next coaching session together so you make steady progress between coaching sessions.
What’s Your Investment To
Find And Land The Right Career For You?
I’m committed to offering an affordable career coaching solution that gives you the expertise and tools you need to identify the right new career for you and make your transition.
My fee depends on the number and length of career coaching sessions you choose. Most clients receive ALL the career coaching services they need to be successful for the small investment of $370 to $740.
- Career coaching sessions (by telephone or in-person) to achieve the results you want... faster and with less struggle
- Custom tools (like resumes, cover letters, informational interview requests) to support your success
- Quick Question coaching between sessions - so you don't have to wait till your next session to get the support and guidance you need to make steady progress
How long you work with me depends on where you are and where you want to go. It's your decision.
My career counseling and coaching clients typically report immediate progress and most of my client relationships last just one to three months.
I require no contracts or long-term commitments and let you control the length of the coaching relationship.
Free Career Coaching Consultation Offer...
Please Give Yourself This Opportunity To
See If My Coaching Services Could Help You Find The Right Career For You
I invite you to schedule a free career coaching consultation with me.
We can talk for 15 to 20 minutes about your career situation and the step-by-step coaching system I've used to help more than 3,000 people discover the right career for them.
The consultations are by telephone, so they are easy and convenient.
There are three easy ways to arrange for a free career counseling consultation session.
One way is to schedule a consultation by clicking on this "Check Availability" button and selecting a day and time that work best for you:
Or, if you prefer, you can provide your contact information below and I will follow up shortly by email. I can also be reached at (646) 413-0020.
Wondering If I Could Have Helped You
Please Don't Leave My Site
Have The Career Satisfaction You Want
Go ahead and schedule your free career coaching consultation session at no risk whatsoever.
This could be exactly what you need to have the career satisfaction and success you want.
To Your Success,
Career Coach & Career Counselor New York City